ECP Bedford Activities
Children’s Centres are a statutory service which is OFSTED regulated. The government believes that Children’s Centres should have a clear core purpose, focusing on improving outcomes for young children and their families, with a particular focus on the most disadvantaged families in order to reduce inequalities in:
- Child development and school readiness, supported by improved
- Parenting aspirations, self-esteem and parenting skills
- Child and family health and life chances
Early Childhood Partnership is responsible for the delivery of Children’s Centre services in Bedford Borough.
We deliver services from locally based Children’s Centres located across Bedford Borough. In addition we are mobile and provide local services where needed in community venues and outreach services to meet families in their homes.
Bedford Borough Children’s Centres offer a full range of Free services to expectant parents/carers and families with children up to the age of five.
Here young children and families can:
- See a midwife
- See a health visitor
- Meet other families in the local community and make friends
- Bring their child/children along to play and learn
- Join in fun activities
- Receive support and advice
- Learn a new skill
- Get information on a range of other local services
Our services are split into three areas:
- Perinatal Services
- Children’s Activities
- Parenting Support